PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for administrative duties to proactively help execute all activities that support a favorable public image for the company and its brands. The position reports to the Director of Public Relations.
Job Description: Straight Arrow Products is seeking a highly-motivated individual who is smart, organized, and well-spoken to join us as a PR Intern. As the PR intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience with a well-known consumer products manufacturer.
- Assist with event support, including communicating with guests and sponsors
- Draft press releases, media alerts, and other stories
- Assists in fielding and directing responses to all media-related inquiries.
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, & venues for marketing & communications
- Provide support on special projects and initiatives
- Assist with general office tasks Assists in implementing organization’s public relations strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in researching and writing copy for corporate promotional materials, social media venues, etc.
- Helps to maintain contacts and relationships with media representatives to assist PR Director in creating opportunities for keeping the company and its products in front of public and trade.
- Maintains an UPDATED electronic database of public relations contacts.
- Assists, when needed, any PR related functions for the preparation and presentation of product information at trade shows, displays, and exhibits.
- Helps to develops ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote company awareness.
- Assists in working with marketing and advertising personnel to coordinate public relations activities with promotional and sales activities.
- Helps select community relations projects and activities and advise management on.
- Helps to schedule PR related activities, including company and plant tours. Helps develop and conduct customer opinion surveys.
- Various Administrative duties: scanning, filing, crafting presentations,
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, or communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate, develops, and maintains relationships with company staff.
- Strong demonstrated analytical and written communication skills.
- Accurate proofreading skills.
- Professional appearance
- Completion of two full years of undergraduate studies and attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship.
- Knowledge of some website maintenance, social media savvy, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Availability to work three days a week/12 hours a week