We are growing! Straight Arrow Products, Inc., Bethlehem, PA, the maker of “Mane ‘n Tail” personal care products has been investing in people and products since 1970. These exclusive hair and skin care products are renowned for their quality and performance in both the Equestrian and Human markets. Straight Arrow manufactures all of its own products and remains a leading manufacturer of personal care products by adhering to strict quality assurances, guidelines and consistently meeting its self-imposed, demanding performance standard. With new manufacturing facility operational, this is the time to join the company which sells its products through approximately 100,000 locations in North America and internationally.
- Develop/Formulate new or existing hair and skin care products for human and pet care markets.
- Independently manage projects from inception through first production.
- Document project work by maintaining detailed lab notebooks, issuing formula procedures and specifications.
- Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or non-conventional/creative approaches with new formula bases.
- Work with manufacturing to resolve production issues and achieve product attributes within a cGMP environment.
- Conduct product stability. Recognize and resolve product stability issues when necessary.
- Communicate and network regularly with vendors to apply new technologies/raw materials to new products or to enhance current products.
- Familiarity with panel testing and/or applications testing to evaluate performance attributes of development products.
- Knowledge of raw material physical/chemical properties. Surfactant/Colloid chemistry preferred.
- Global regulatory cosmetic compliance experiences a significant plus.
- Knowledge of analytical instruments for product and raw material quality testing (FTIR, HPLC, UPLC) a plus.
- College degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or other related science. Must have minimum 5-10 years formulations experience with B.S. degree or minimum 5 years of formulations experience with advanced degree (Cosmetic Science degree preferred).
- Lab and industry experience with proven ability to prepare various hair and skincare formulations. Chemists with vendor related personal care experience welcome to apply.
- Strong computer skills a must (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, R&D formulation databases).
- Demonstrated supervisory/lab management skills.
- Must be a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to multitask and work within a matrix organizational structure.
Please forward résumés to Mike Scheerer at firstname.lastname@example.org.