2020 Highland Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18020
Straight Arrow Products, Inc.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items; securing warehouse; supervising staff. Ensures open communication between warehouse personnel, main office, sales department, trucking carriers regarding warehouse activities.
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Performs activities of workers supervised and other duties as required.
- Oversee incoming/outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring all product is properly counted.
- Determines space requirements; position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations ensuring compliance with shipping specifications; seals loaded truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Rotate product as appropriate.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Interaction with production, distribution, technical, office and managerial personnel.
- Overtime work is required.
- Must be able to work under the direction of others and work independently and in small groups.
- Experience with international shipping, UPS World Ship, and scheduling shipments and negotiating with common carriers.
- Good communication skills, personal computer knowledge, self-starter.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and the ability to become proficient in organizations WMS and ERP.
- Experience with sit/stand-up and deep reach equipment
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Position requires BA degree
- 5 to 6 years’ experience, or equivalent education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- APICS certification preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Straight Arrow is a drug-free workplace